Ohhh Lippies, lip stick, lip gloss I am not the best at reviewing these since I barely ever wear them. I much rather use lip balm, masks or oils. I did try tints but I am so not used having color on my mouth I can’t bear to use it. Which is why this review is so late, months late, I gotta apologize to BBcosmetic.com who provided these to me for review…. I’m just not a person who wears lip color very often. But enough about me, lettuce look at these wild wild powders.
RiRe Lip Powders
You get 4 in this set, all red-ish, pink-ish, fushia-ish hues and a lip remover. They’re very cute and definitely the thing that will win you major cool points if you give it as a gift to a young person who is beginning to use lip products and wants to upstage their friends.
Now I found some features clearly laid out at BBcosmetic online
1. Vivid color effects manicure effect on the lips
2. Absolutely new concept from morning till evening indelible lip Fixer
3. Do not bury coating
4. Fixation with excellent water-proof
As soon as get the lips, Water bursts
• Clean & Plain for Light Lip
• The vivid color powder makes lip vibrant
• Soft covering Great persistency
• Supply nutrition with essential oil component
Now the box also lists the ingredients of each lipstick in English and Korean, which I feel like most people wouldn’t care too much about. These do however actually include some nice additives for your lips
- Chamomile extract
- Rosemary extract
- Peppermint extract
- the website alleges apricot seed oil, but it is not listed in the ingredients
- The lip powder remover actually lists some pretty fantastic ingredients but I will talk about them later
You get 4 colors
- Orange Pop – more of an orange… coral
- Hot Plum – a standard hot pink
- Sugar rose – your classic dusty rose
- Fashion Red – a pinky red
And to satiate your needs. Swatches
If they look kinda like your standard lipstick swatches, it is because once rubbed they are texturally pretty similar to your matte tube lipsticks
One issue I can see people having is how short the applicator is. Now as a person troubled with all lippie application this didn’t seem extra fussy. But I think if you are used to long wands of the liquid lipsticks this may take you off guard a little bit.
And it’s not just body head that transforms this to a liquid product, any friction on the powder makes it into a paste.
Shade 1: Orange Pop
One the left is my attempt at a gradient lip (google gradient lips if you’re not familiar with the trend) I found the orange shade wasn’t as good at blending out as the others. This is a better all over color imo, but hey at least it was easy to control.
Shade 2: Hot Plum
This shade likes to tint a bit more than the others. And it is easier to do a gradient with. This was also the one lip powder who had a different wand from the others (it has a standard doe foot rather than the Dior esque petal shape) The color is very vibrant, I felt like I should be out at a party.
Shade 3: Sugar Rose
This one I was most comfortable wearing since it was basically my lips but better. IE, it’s not a very bright color but enhances the lips. It was just OK at making a gradient, I would just stick to the full lip wear again.
Shade 4: Fashion Red
I feel like this is a red with pink undertones, but feel free to correct me if I’m wrong. This I think made the best gradient and I would prefer to wear this on as a gradient rather than all over. But since its name says it’s red I feel like this must be a ‘date’ lippie.
It comes with a lip remover, but this is unnecessary. You can you a makeup wipe just fine (this was from the orange swatches earlier in this review)
I will say the lip remover ingredients don’t look half bad, it contains aloe, peony, ivy-leaf morning glory, a yeasty ferment of angelica, followed by chamomile, sage, rosemary an lavender extracts. But it doesn’t really smell like herbs even, so I can’t imagine it has very much of these extracts in it.
- If you try to use these with the mindset that they will act like a lipstick, a standard lipstick then you will probably have a good time with these.
- it’s just a powdered, hydrating lipstick
- The colors do pop, minus the rose which is still pretty
- you will have to reapply after eating, drinking, kissing, anything you do with your lips you will have to reapply which is true for a standard lipstick
- If you try to use these with the mindset that they will act like a tint, then you will be underwhelmed
- In my testing of these the only time I really got staining was when I was reapplying them again and again and again
- If you only like liquid lipsticks, especially the long lasting formulas, do not buy these.
I also didn’t notice any odd scents or tastes that were different from using a lipstick.
Overall, they’re not bad if you like lipstick and I feel like the color range would work on medium to lightly pigmented lips. I say this because as you could probably tell, the coverage is a tad sheer. They do say you can layer these three times for more opacity but I couldn’t really execute that function.
The price isn’t bad too. It’s currently $17.98 USD at BBcosmetic.com
or you can buy the individual colors for $5.99 USD
- Use this code during checkout Y0T764O6CM for 8% off your order http://bbcosmetic.com/
- They ship free and they do ship internationally
I hope you enjoyed my foray into the lippie world