A simple Saturday review. I’ve been steadily testing out my BB/CC creams, and today it is time to report on the Skinfood Vita Fit Poreless Cushion which the lovely people at q-depot sent me this summer to try out
Skinfood, for the un-initiated is Korean beauty brand known for always incorporating food ingredients into their various skincare and makeup items. And this is my first BBcream from Skinfood, mainly because it’s hard to find Skinfood stores in the US and when a store does carry skinfood complexion makeup it’s generally the fancier aerosols.
Vita Fit Cushion Line
It actually comes in 3 flavours
- Serum Glow
I’ve found the graphic but couldn’t find the usual advertising scrolls, but the cases are quite cute. All that same matte, with shiny embossed muted design.
These come in the usual Korean shade range of all light colors
So the odd thing is that I couldn’t find the full ingredients list anywhere. It’s not on the packaging (I didn’t get a box and the puff was pre-assembled and sealed). The back did say this:
- Titanium dioxide, ethylhexylmethoxycinnamate, ethylhexylsalicylate, niacinamide, phenoxyethanol, adenosine, tocopherol acetate
And online on pretty much any advert it lists the star ingredients as
- Niacinamide + adenosine – brightening
- ceramide + NMF – moisturizing and good for the skin barrier
- vitamin tree fermentation extract – I think this probably means tea tree extract… maybe
How did I like it?
- My skin type: Dry
- The Climate: Hot and Humid
- SPF 50+ PA +++
- I’m using shade 3 – beige
- My MAC shade NW/NC18
- Sephora Color IQ 4Y05
- Light-medium coverage
- My freckles never 100% cover which is how I decide coverage levels
- Scent: very light, smells like any other generic bbcream/foundation
- Finish: it’s actually not shiny, which is awesome.
- Application: It dries a bit faster than my usual bbcreams so I wouldn’t recommend going in heavy, that tends to lead to a blotchier application
- layering around lighter layers seems to work better
- Wear: If I’m not sweating then I get a solid 6 hours before I can notice it breaking up
- If I am running around then it does lighten up, but it never really caked on me which was nice
- If I was wearing heavy creams underneath it lost its matte finish
- I was using a face powder on top, but you need to make sure it’s completely dry. When I used a heavier face cream the dry time increases and adding a dry powder on top just cakes everything up.
I really enjoyed the formula, I’m actually on the last bits of the cushion. But there must always be cons:
- very limited shade range, only really works for fair skin tones especially with the high SPF rating
- I’ve seen some swatches floating around and the shades don’t seem too far off from each other but it’s mainly an undertone change
- I suspect that oily skin types might not find this as matte as I do because the cushion is hydrating but matte on me
But if you are still interested it is $19.98 at q-depot.com
And if you’ve never shopped at q-depot
- they sell A LOT of Korean Skincare and Makeup
- Free International Shipping out of South Korea for orders $49+
- rates for orders less than $49 vary by zone but range from $2.99-$9.99 for economy
- They actually show you the freebies they give with each order
- 30 Day return policy
- They have a coupon code for 10% off your first order: SW10OFF (not an affiliate code or anything)
Thanks for reading!